Friday, July 6, 2012

Garden Update: First Berries!

The first blueberries were ready for harvest today. Looks can be deceiving. Everyone thought they were super bitter.
All the other plants will be ready to harvest in the next couple of weeks. We're going to be gone for the next two weeks. It stinks! I hope I don't come home to a dead garden after all this work. Farmers with huge fields of crops must never get to leave home.

 Okra- If you look closely, the little okras are starting to grow.
 Beans- Little bean sprouts are popping out too.
 Broccoli- No signs of broccoli heads yet. I'm afraid they're going to bolt when they grow in. It has been WAY too hot for broccoli lately.
 Lettuce- It's doing well. I've harvested twice already, and will again tomorrow.
 Carrots- They're getting tall, but I don't know how big the carrots are yet. (They're kind of hidden. :) )
 Cherry tomato- The little tomatoes are still green, but getting bigger.
 Tomato- It'll be ready to pick while we're gone. :( Oh well, tomatoes are the only veggie/ fruit my neighbors like. They can have it.
The whole garden. I forgot to mention my spinach. It's doing well. I've harvested it once.

No comments:

Post a Comment