Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dan Bing

Taiwan, or The Republic of China, is a small country in East Asia. The Taiwanese people are fluent in Taiwanese and Mandarin. They are increasingly fluent in English too. This makes them trilingual. That's crazy!
Taiwan has the highest ration of convenience stores to people with 9,200 convenience stores on the island. It's insane. There aren't even 23 million people living in Taiwan.

I made dan bing for breakfast. It is similar to the Chinese, Jian Bing. It's a breakfast crepe with egg cooked on top.


RECIPE
2 eggs
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. water
scallions (I used onions because we didn't have scallions.)

Mix one egg, the flour, and the water. Put 4 tbsp  into an oiled pan heated to medium. Swirl it around to fill the pan. Pour some of the other egg on top and add scallions.
 Once the egg has set, flip it over and cook the other side. Serve. Yummy. :)


Since we are leaving for vacation this afternoon, I may not be able to post anything for a while. I have to postpone my breakfasts around the world. I'll be sure to start up again when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment