Friday, June 15, 2012

International Cuisine

I have decided that I will cook a foreign breakfast every morning. My mom says I'm too picky, and I think this will broaden my taste buds. I also think it will teach me more about other cultures and traditions. I have been to China and Peru, and loved learning about the people. I look forward to learning more about other countries.
Yesterday I started it off by making crumpets. They were not my favorite. They weren't even picture worthy. Here's the recipe anyway:

3/4 cup flour
1/2 TBS yeast
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup warm water

Mix yeast and water in a bowl. Let sit for ten minutes.
Stir in milk, flour, and egg until no longer lumpy. Let rise 45 minutes. ( I used this time to take a bike ride.)
Cook on a medium- high skillet like pancakes.

Crumpets are the British form of pancakes. They have been around forever, and have many variants. They are generally about two inches thick and have pores on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment