Monday, June 18, 2012

Cachapas

Cachapas are Venezuelan pancakes made of corn. You fill them with a white cheese called queso de mano. I made a cachapa, following a recipe exactly. I filled it with cheese, and served an egg alongside it. The egg was good, but the cachapa was not to my liking. (Worse than the crumpets.) After doing a bit of research, I found a cachapa recipe here that looks like it would taste a bit better. I don't know. Mine was gross. (It might be that I don't like corn... Oh well. I tried it.)

Here's my recipe (I don't know which one is more traditional.):

1 cup corn
1/8 cup cornstarch
1/2 TBS olive oil
water

Put the first three ingredients into a blender. Blend it until it has the consistency of heavy whipping cream. Add water as needed. (I only needed about 1/4 a cup.)
Cook on a medium heated skillet. Put a white cheese on one half, fold over, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment