Thursday, June 28, 2012

Birthday Breakfast

For my birthday I made my mom and sisters breakfast in bed. (My dad had dry cheerios on his way to work. His choice.) It was the only thing I asked for for my birthday, and Mom and Harp were kind enough to let me do it. Syd had to go to a pool party, so she ate a few bites of her french toast at the table before running off.

Everyone liked what I made them. That means they were either being nice to the birthday girl ,or it really tasted good.

For my mom I made french toast souffle. She said it was really good, and that it would be even better with blueberries. I'll have to try that next time.



RECIPE
enough 1in bread cubes to fill the bottom of a 5inch in diameter ramekin*
1/8 tsp vanilla
2 tsp maple syrup
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 oz cream cheese
*(Use a sturdy bread.)

Whisk together the wet ingredients. Line the bottom of the ramekin with the bread cubes, and pour the mixture over top. Let it sit overnight.
The next morning take it out of the fridge, and let it sit our for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350, and bake it for 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Top with powdered sugar and syrup.


For Harp I made triple chocolate waffles. My mo ate some of them too.

RECIPE
1/4 c. oatmeal
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. white flour
1/4 c. sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
2-3 tbsp chocolate chips
dash of vanilla
1 egg

Whisk all the ingredients together. Preheat a waffle iron, and cook until done in the center. Makes 3.



Finally, for Syd I made a cold hot chocolate shake and chocolate stuffed French toast.

RECIPE
1 sandwich size loaf of French bread
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp sugar
dash of vanilla
Hershey's chocolate bar
oil for the pan

Whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla, and sugar. Soak the bread in it for five minutes on each side. Preheat a pan on medium. Pour a little oil on it, and fry the two pieces of bread inside facing down. After the egg is cooked, flip the bread over and cook the other side. Stick the chocolate bar inside the two pieces of cooked bread like a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment