Friday, June 15, 2012

Baleadas

Baleadas are Honduran thick tortillas. They are generally served with cheese, eggs, refried beans, or avocados. I made a cheese one and a cheesy egg one. They were yummy.:)

RECIPE (2)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 cup milk
water if needed (I used about an ounce)
3/4 TBL oil

Knead all the ingredients together, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Split the dough in half. Roll the two halves of dough into balls and press into 8 inch rounds. (Mine were a bit thick.)
Preheat a pan to medium heat.  Cook for one minute on each side. Fill with whatever you want.

Harper and I both loved these! Son deliciosos. Have I ever mentioned that I know Spanish? Now that I know what Hondurans eat, I definitely would be able to live in Honduras. Yo quiero mas baleadas.

No comments:

Post a Comment