Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Homemade Sticky Breakfast Rolls


I made these rolls the other day for my family. I then froze the dough. It's so easy to just pull them out of the freezer to bake.
Real Recipe
1 egg
1 cup and 2TBL hot water
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
Program: Dough
Add at the beep: 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
Filling: 1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 TBL cinnamon
Topping: 3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
  1. Place on a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x18 in rectangle and spread with butter. Combine remaining filling ingredients and sprinkle over dough. Roll up tightly, jelly roll style, starting with the longest side. Cut into one inch slices.
  2. Combing topping mixture and spread into baking pan. Place slices on mixture and let rise for an hour.
  3. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
When I made mine, I forgot to put the egg into the dough. I also did not spread the topping ingredients into the pan because I wanted to use less butter. Harper didn't want pecans in hers, so I didn't add the nuts until I was rolling the dough up. (I sprinkled them over the rectangle of dough along with the butter, sugar, and cinnamon.)
They turned out well, and my family likes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment